Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hema Blue & Yellow

Hi everyone, / Hoi iedereen,

As the people who live in the south of the Netherlands might have noticed (to be honest, it's hard to miss), the festivity know as carnaval has struck again the past few days. For all of you who have no clue as to what this entails I recommend you go read all about it on Wikipedia here (there's pictures too!). While carnaval is celebrated all over the world, the version in the Netherlands is a rather peculiar one in my opinion. Personally I'm not a big fan of carnaval, but I was going to help out for one night at our local carnaval 'club' with my sister in law I decided to paint my nails in the carnaval colors of the town I live in.

De mensen in het zuiden van het land zullen het al wel gemerkt hebben (niet heel moeilijk te missen) dat carnaval weer in het land was de afgelopen dagen. Carnaval wordt over de hele wereld gevierd maar ik blijf de Nederlandse versie toch maar apart vinden. Ikzelf ben dan ook geen fan van carnaval, maar omdat ik één avond ging helpen bij de lokale carnavalsvereniging (de JJ) met mijn schoonzus besloot ik om mijn nagels in de carnavalskleuren van mijn dorp te lakken.



During carnaval my town is called Dommelboarzedurp and it's colors are blue and yellow. Now my skin tone and yellow don't really see eye to eye so this is probably the only time that you'll see a yellow polish on my nails. Feel lucky ;) The colors I used were two polishes from Dutch drugstore Hema. They don't have names, only a number, which I forgot and I'm too lazy to look them up :P Shown here are two coats for both colors and no top coat. The yellow one did stain a bit, even though I wore a base coat.
Just out of curiosity; did any of you celebrate carnaval the past few days?

Gedurende carnaval heet mijn dorp Dommelboarzedurp en de kleuren zijn blauw en geel. Nou is mijn huidskleur niet de beste vriendjes met geel dus dit is waarschijnlijk de eerste en laatste keer dat je mij een gele lak ziet dragen. Prijs jezelf gelukkig ;) De kleuren die ik gebruik zijn van de Hema, ze hebben geen namen alleen een nummer. Die ik niet onthouden heb en ik ben te lui om het op te zoeken :P Van beide heb ik twee laagjes op en geen top coat. De gele lak heeft wel mijn nagels een beetje verkleurd, ookal droeg ik een base coat. 
Uit nieuwsgierigheid; hebben jullie carnaval gevierd de afgelopen dagen?

~Marlies


1 comment:

  1. NIET XD op zondag na heb ik elke dag gewerkt en zondag verhuisd maar dat wist je wel al een beetje :P

    ReplyDelete